The Welfare Rights Centre:
- provides a free community service that encourages the participation of people on Centrelink payments or low incomes in gaining social justice.
- advocates for people who are disadvantaged by poverty, sickness, disability, homelessness and who may be entitled to a social security payments or other welfare benefits to assist them in gaining social justice.
- promotes and provide access to information about tenancy matters, social security and other welfare entitlements.
- assists and encourages government and non-government services to help persons in need of tenancy assistance, social security and other welfare services.
- increases awareness of tenancy issues, social security and welfare rights, obligations and needs in South Australia.
- collects data and undertakes research into tenancy issues, social security and welfare entitlements.
- encourages and empowers volunteers to provide services to people who are disadvantaged by poverty, sickness, disability and/or homelessness regarding social security or other welfare benefit and tenancy issues.
- facilitates legal advice and representation for people using homelessness services.